Do you have to be fit or flexible to start RAYOGA (Malta) classes?
No. You can start these classes in whatever shape you are in right NOW.
In time, you will eventually become fitter and more flexible in body and mind.
Who can benefit from these sessions?
These classes are suitable for all levels, including beginners. Participants with physical restrictions are always encouraged to perform alternative/modified postures. For fitter, individuals more challenging but attainable postures are given.
Participants are treated as unique individuals with different needs. So you can attend classes for different reasons: to increase physical fitness, unwind, calm down, maintain inner peace, relieve back pain or even to complement your training schedule if you are an athlete.
What benefits can be attained from these classes?
The major benefit of these classes is the ‘feel good factor’ generated by a fitter body and a calmer mind.
Among other benefits, these classes:
- Stretch, tone and strengthen the muscles
- Release tension and anxiety
- Increase Stamina
- Improve circulation
- Relieve back pain
- Improve sleep pattern
- Help weight loss
Is weight loss possible through yoga?
Scientific studies conducted in India and the United States have found that the practice of yoga can facilitate weight loss.
- You do burn calories during the yoga practice.
- You increase your awareness on how much and what type of food you eat.
- You increase awareness to digest food, so taking longer to eat and end up eating less.
- As you become less stressed, your chance of recurring to stress-relating eating is greatly reduced.
Although yoga can be very effective, the yogic approach for weight loss is slow and requires patience and other lifestyle changes.